The Seventh International Conference on Educational Innovation through Technology (EITT 2018)
Auckland, New Zealand, December 12-14, 2018
Conference Theme: Educational Innovation through the Internet
The Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET) will organize its seventh International Conference of Educational Innovation through Technology (EITT2018) to provide a forum for researchers in technology and education areas to publish new research findings and exchange insights and experiences on related topics.
The conference will be held on December 12-14, 2018 in Auckland, New Zealand. You are invited to present at EITT 2018 to share your expertise and innovative practices with your peers, professional practitioners, and researchers from various disciplines around the world. The first six EITT conferences have been successfully held with EITT2012 in Beijing; EITT2013 in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA; EITT2014 in Brisbane, Australia; EITT2015 in Wuhan, China; EITT2016 Tainan, Taiwan; and EITT2017 in Osaka, Japan.
Founded in 2003, the Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET) is a nonpolitical, non-profit academic organization. The mission of SICET is to establish and strengthen international academic connections, exchanges, research, and studies in educational technology for teaching and learning, as well as to promote the application of educational technology in education.
- Paper Submission: April 30, 2018, extended to May 31, 2018.
- Author Notification: July 20, 2018
- Registration Open Date: August 1, 2018
- Final Manuscript Due: September 1, 2018
- Registration Due: August 30, 2018 (only for authors submitting papers to the conference; Please note, only papers with authors who have registered for attending the conference will be published in the EITT2018 proceedings. Registration fee is US$450 for each participant).
- Please click here to register for EITT2018.
- Registration Fee:
- SICET Members: USD $450
- Non-SICET Members: $480
- Step 1: Visit sicet.org to apply for SICET membership, and our membership team will review your request.
- Step 2: Once your membership request is approved, choose the option “1-Year SICET Member + EITT Registration (for non-membership): USD $480". You will be given the conference registration for EITT 2018 and also one-year SICET membership.
- Registration Deadline: August 30, 2018 (Please note that only papers with authors who have registered for the conference will be published in the EITT2018 proceedings).
- Registration fee includes all conference sessions, conference proceedings, and the dining service provided during December 12 - 13, 2018.
- December 12: Tea and coffee upon arrival, Morning tea, Lunch, Afternoon tea, Conference dinner
- December 13: Tea and coffee upon arrival, Morning tea, Lunch, Afternoon tea, Conference dinner
Tentative Conference Program
Conference Venue: Grand Millennium Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Address: 71 Mayoral Drive, Auckland, 1010, New Zealand
|December 11||Attendee Registration||Lobby|
|December 12||Plenary and Parallel Sessions||Tasman Ballroom|
|December 13||Parallel Sessions||Tasman Ballroom|
|December 14||Closing and Departure||Lobby|
- Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET), http://sicet.org
- Massey University, New Zealand
Topics of interests include but are not limited to the following:
- Educational information strategies, policies, and assessment
- Policies and strategies for systemic changes in education
- Theories and practices of educational technology integration into curriculum
- Theories and practices of open and distance education
- Intelligence, mobile, and ubiquitous learning
- Theories and practices for teacher education and development
- Innovation of language teaching in digital learning environment
- Development and application practice of education platform
- Technology, structure, and standards related to information system in education
Submission of Papers
A paper should be prepared according to the proceedings template.
The submission must be 4-6 pages in length, including an abstract, references, and tables/figures. Submissions should represent original and substantive research results. We will not accept any paper which, at the time of submission, is under review for or has already been published (or accepted for publication) in another conference or journal. Authors should submit their manuscripts in PDF format to EITT2018 via the EasyChair submission system at
Each paper submitted to EITT2018 will be carefully evaluated based on its originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression.
The proceedings of EITT2018 will collect selected papers through a standard peer-review process. The organizer of the conference will collaborate with Conference Publishing Services (CPS) to publish the EITT2018 proceedings.
- CPS will provide full communication and assistance to authors and organizer throughout publication process;
- All accepted papers (up to six pages in Proceedings format) of the conference proceedings will be submitted to Xplore and, upon acceptance, submitted for indexing in EI (Compendex).
- Only papers that are presented by an author at the conference will be submitted for inclusion in the above digital libraries.
Conference Venue: Massey University Auckland (East Precinct)
Conference Dates: 12-14 December, 2018
Contact Name: Dr. LI Michael
Address: 1* East Precinct, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand
Dr. LI Michael, School of Humanities, Massey University, New Zealand, email@example.com
Dr. ZHANG Weiyuan, Beijing Normal University, China, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. WANG Yuping, Griffith University, Australia，email@example.com
Dr. HAN Xibin, Tsinghua University, China，firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. HAN Xibin, Associate Professor of Tsinghua University
Dr. ZHANG Weiyuan, Professor of Beijing Normal University
Dr. Cynthia WHITE, Professor of Massey University
Technical Committee Chairs
Dr. HUANG Ray Yueh-Min, Professor of Cheng Kung University
Dr. JIN Qun, Professor of Wesada University
Program Committee Chair
Dr. WANG Yuping, Associate Professor of Griffith University
Dr. LI Michael, Senior Lecturer of Massey University
Dr. LIM Cher Ping, Professor of the Education University of Hong Kong
Program Committee Members (Alphabetical Order)
Dr. CHANG Chih-Kai, Professor, University of Tainan, Tainan
Dr. CHEN Pearl, Professor, California State University, Los Angeles
Dr. CHEN Wu, Professor, South China Normal University, Guangzhou
Dr. CHENG Gang, Associate Professor, Open University of China, Beijing
Dr. FENG Xiaoying, Professor, Beijing Normal University, Beijing
Dr. GUO Wenge, Associate Professor, Peking University, Beijing
Dr. HARTSELL Taralynn, Associate Professor, Valdosta State University, South Georgia
Dr. HUANG Gwo-Jen, Professor, Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei
Dr. HUANG Judy, Taiwan Open University, Taipei
Dr. HUANG Kun, Mississippi State University, Starkville
Dr. HU Xiao, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Dr. JIA Jiyou, Professor, Peking University, Beijing
Dr. JIANG Wendy, University of Queensland, Brisbane
Dr. LAM Jeanne, Hong Kong University, Hong Kong
Dr. LAN Yuju, Professor, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Dr. LEE Ji-Yeon, Professor, Inha University, Incheon
Dr. LEI Jing, Professor, Syracuse University, Syracuse
Dr. LI Wei, Associate Professor, Open University of China, Beijing
Dr. LI Shuguang, Open University of China, Beijing
Dr. LI Shuang, Associate Professor, Beijing Normal University, Beijing
Dr. LIN Lin, Professor, University of North Texas, Dallas
Dr. LIU Juhong Christie, James Madison University, Harrisonburg
Dr. LIU Leping, Professor, University of Nevada, Reno
Dr. MA Hongliang, Professor, Shaanxi Normal University, Xian
Dr. MAO Jin, Associate Professor, Wilkes University, Wilkes-Barre
Dr. QI Yue Grace, Griffith University, Brisbane
Dr. QIAO Ailing, Associate Professor, Capital Normal University, Beijing
Dr. ROWAN Michael, Griffith University, Brisbane
Dr. SIN Hongtao, Beijing Normal University, Beijing
Dr. SO Wing-Wah Simon, The Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
Dr. TAN Wei, Open University of China, Beijing
Dr. TU Chih-Tsiung, Professor, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff
Dr. WANG Lu, Professor, Capital Normal University, Beijing
Dr. WANG Nan, Associate Professor, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing
Dr. WANG Qifu, Open University of China
Dr. WANG Shuyan, Professor, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg
Dr. WANG Xiaoxia, Associate Professor, Beijing Open University, Beijing
Dr. WANG Zhijun, Associate Professor, Jiangnan University, Wuxi
Dr. WU Yajie, Beijing Open University, Beijing
Dr. XIANG Ren, Western Sydney University, Sydney
Dr. YANG J.H. Stephen, Professor, Central University, Chungli
Dr. YIN Bingshan, Beijing Open University, Beijing
Dr. ZENG Xiangyue, Associate Research Fellow, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou
Dr. ZHAN Hong, Associate Professor, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott, Arizona, USA
Dr. ZHANG Jingjing, Associate Professor, Beijing Normal University, Beijing
Dr. ZHENG Qinhua, Associate Professor, Beijing Normal University, Beijing
Dr. ZHANG Zuochen, Associate Professor, Windsor University, Windsor