The Eighth International Conference on Educational Innovation through Technology (EITT 2019)
October 27-31, 2019
Biloxi, Mississippi, USA
Conference Theme: Educational Innovation through the Internet
The Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET) will organize its eighth International Conference of Educational Innovation through Technology (EITT2019) to provide a forum for researchers in technology and education areas to publish new research findings and exchange insights and experiences on related topics.
The conference will be held on October 27-31, 2019, in Mississippi, USA. You are invited to present at EITT 2019 to share your expertise and innovative practices with your peers, professional practitioners, and researchers from various disciplines around the world. The first seven EITT conferences have been successfully held since 2012, with EITT2012in Beijing; EITT2013 in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA; EITT2014 in Brisbane, Australia; EITT2015 in Wuhan, China; and EITT2016 in Tainan, Taiwan; EITT2017 in Osaka, Japan; EITT2018 in Auckland, New Zealand.
Founded in 2003, the Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET) is a nonpolitical, non-profit academic organization. The mission of SICET is to establish and strengthen international academic connections, exchanges, research, and studies in educational technology for teaching and learning, as well as to promote the application of technology in education.
- Paper Submission: April 1, 2019
- Author Notification: June1, 2019
- Registration Open Date: July 1, 2019
- Final Manuscript Due: August 1, 2019
- Registration Due: August 30, 2019 (Notes: Only papers with authors (at least one) who have registered for attending the conference before/by August 30 will be published in the EITT2019 proceedings. Other attendees can register the conference before/by Oct. 27. Registration fee is US$450 for each participant)
- Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET), http://sicet.org
- The University of Southern Mississippi, USA
EITT2019 Conference Theme: Educational Innovation Through Integrating Cyberspace and Real World
Topics for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Educational information strategies, policies, and assessment
- Theories and practices of educational technology integration into the curriculum
- Theories and practices of open and distance education
- Intelligence, mobile, and ubiquitous learning
- Theories and practices for teacher education and development
- Innovations of language teaching in a digital learning environment
- Development and application practice of education platform
- Technology, structure, and standards related to the information system in education
Submission of Papers
To present at EITT 2019, an active SICET membership is required. One of the benefits for an active SICET membership is to join AECT membership at a 50% rate. The cost for SICET/AECT dual membership is lower than the sole AECT regular membership.
A paper should be prepared according to the proceedings template, which can be obtained at IEEE Conferences Templates page.
It must be 4-6 pages in length, including an abstract, references, and tables/figures. Submissions should represent original and substantive research results. We will not accept any paper which, at the time of submission, is under review for or has already been published (or accepted for publication) in another conference or journal. Authors should submit their manuscripts in PDF format to EITT2019 via the EasyChair submission system (https://easychair.org/my/conference.cgi?conf=eitt2019). Each paper submitted to EITT2019 will be carefully evaluated based on its originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression.
The proceedings of EITT2019 will collect selected papers through a standard peer-review process. The organizer of the conference will collaborate with Conference Publishing Services (CPS) to publish the EITT2019 proceedings. (CPS website: https://www.computer.org/web/cs-cps/)
- CPS will provide full communication and assistance to authors and organizer throughout publication process;
- All accepted papers (up to six pages in the Proceedings format) of the conference proceedings will be submitted to Xplore and, upon acceptance, submitted for indexing in EI (Compendex).
- Only papers that are presented by an author at the conference will be submitted for inclusion in the above digital libraries.
- Voiding Self-Plagiarism Suspicion. To encourage presentations and participation at AECT-SICET 2019 conference (Oct. 21-24) and EITT 2019 conference (Oct. 27-31), we have scheduled both conferences close to each other. Although you are allowed to present the same study at both conferences, we suggest that, when you do, you make an effort to write them in different angles. This will make it more interesting for your audience who may be at both of your presentations. More importantly, EITT proceedings will only accept papers less than 25% overlapping rate with the published journal articles, conference proceedings, and any other formats of publications.
Conference Venue：The Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Resort, Biloxi, MS, USA
Conference Dates: Oct. 27-31, 2019
Contact Name: Prof. WANG Shuyan
Address: School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Professional Development
The University of Southern Mississippi (Gulf Park Campus)
730 E. Beach Boulevard, MS 39560, USA