The Eighth International Conference on Educational Innovation through Technology (EITT 2019)
October 27-31, 2019
Beau Rivage Resort & Casino
Biloxi, Mississippi, USA
Conference Theme: Educational Innovation through the Internet
Register for this conference and reserve the hotel by the cut off date.
The Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET) will organize its eighth International Conference of Educational Innovation through Technology (EITT2019) to provide a forum for researchers in technology and education areas to publish new research findings and exchange insights and experiences on related topics.
The conference will be held on October 27-31, 2019, in Mississippi, USA. You are invited to present at EITT 2019 to share your expertise and innovative practices with your peers, professional practitioners, and researchers from various disciplines around the world. The first seven EITT conferences have been successfully held since 2012, with EITT2012in Beijing; EITT2013 in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA; EITT2014 in Brisbane, Australia; EITT2015 in Wuhan, China; and EITT2016 in Tainan, Taiwan; EITT2017 in Osaka, Japan; EITT2018 in Auckland, New Zealand.
Founded in 2003, the Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET) is a nonpolitical, non-profit academic organization. The mission of SICET is to establish and strengthen international academic connections, exchanges, research, and studies in educational technology for teaching and learning, as well as to promote the application of technology in education.
Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET), http://www.sicet.org
The University of Southern Mississippi, USA, http://www.usm.edu.
School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Professional Development
The University of Southern Mississippi (Gulf Park Campus)
730 E. Beach Boulevard, MS 39560, USA
Dr. Lin Lin, Professor, University of North Texas;
Dr. Cyndi Gaudet, Professor, University of Southern Mississippi
Technical Committee Chairs
Dr. Ray Yueh-Min Huang, Professor, Cheng Kung University;
Dr. Chaoyang Zhang, Professor, University of Southern Mississippi
Program Committee Chairs
Dr. Shuyan Wang, Professor, University of Southern Mississippi;
Dr. Youru Xie, Professor, South China Normal University
Dr. Hong Zhan, Professor, Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University
Dr. Hengtao Tang, Assistant Professor, University of South Carolina
- Paper Submission: April 1, 2019 extended to May 1, 2019
- Author Notification: June 1, 2019
- Registration Open Date: July 1, 2019
- Final Manuscript Due: August 1, 2019
- Registration Due: August 30, 2019
- Important Notes: 1) Only papers with authors (at least one) who have registered for attending the conference before/by August 30 will be included in the program for presentation. 2) According to IEEE publication regulation, only the papers presented at EITT 2019 are eligible to be selected for the EITT2019 proceedings. Other attendees can register the conference before/by Oct. 27. The registration link can be found here: https://sicet.org/main/conventions/eitt-2019-convention/eitt-registration/.
- Registration fee includes all conference sessions, conference proceedings, conference program, and the dining service provided during Oct. 28-29, 2019.
· Oct. 28: Breakfast, morning coffee break, lunch, and afternoon coffee break
· Oct. 29: Breakfast, morning coffee break, lunch, and afternoon coffee break
- Here is a list of Fun Things to Do in Biloxi, MS. You can shop at the Gulfport Premium Outlets and several big shopping malls close to the conference hotel.
- Hotel Reservation: https://book.passkey.com/e/49865916. This link helps you get the limited group rate $109 plus tax till Oct. 7, 2019.
Travel Information: If you fly to Biloxi, MS, you’d better arrive at Gulfport/Biloxi international airport, which is about 20 minutes drive away from the conference hotel. More info about the airport can be found at http://www.flygpt.com/. The airport code is GPT. Transportation can be found at http://www.flygpt.com/visit/ground-transportation/. If you fly to New Orleans International airport, you will have to rent a car or take a taxi for about 1.5 hours one-way drive. New Orleans Airport code is MSY.
EITT2019 Conference Theme: Educational Innovation through the Internet
Keynote 1: Learning in a Digital World
Monday, October 28th, 9:00 – 9:40 am, Magnolia E, F
Dr. Cyndi Huff Gaudet serves as Director of the School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Professional Development and Professor of Human Capital Development at The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast. Cyndi’s passion is developing people through academic programs of excellence that prepare professionals for the workplace. She championed the development and implementation of the MS and Ph.D. in Human Capital Development at Southern Miss in 1998 and 2006, respectively, programs designed to prepare senior learning leaders who can strategically lead and manage talent in organizations. She is an active researcher with more than $6M in external funding, 60 publications, 100 presentations, and national awards of recognition. Among the organizations with whom Dr. Gaudet has worked as a consultant are NASA, the University of Mississippi Medical Center, Smoothie King Corporate, and MasterCard International. Gaudet holds ROI Certification from the ROI Institute, a B.S. and M.Ed. (1976, 1988) from Southern Miss and a Ph.D. (1991) in Human Resource Education and Workforce Development from Louisiana State University.
Keynote 2: A Computing Engine for the New Generation of Learning Environments
Monday, October 28th, 9:40 – 10:20 am, Magnolia E, F
Dr. Ronghuai Huang is a Professor in the Faculty of Education of Beijing Normal University (BNU). He has been engaged in the research on the smart learning environment, artificial intelligence in education, educational technology as well as knowledge engineering. He received the ‘Chang Jiang Scholar’ award in 2016, which is the highest academic award presented to an individual in higher education by the Ministry of Education of China. He serves as Co-Dean of Smart Learning Institute, Director of UNESCO International Rural Educational and Training Centre, and Director of China National Engineering Lab for Cyberlearning Intelligent Technology. He is very active in academic organizations both at home and abroad. He is also Committeeman of the Science Subject Expert Committee of the National Textbook Committee, Co-Leader of Information and Communication Technology Course Standard Group in Ordinary Senior High School, Vice-Chairman of China Educational Technology Association, Vice-Chairman of Teaching Guidance Committee of Educational Technology at Institutions of Higher Education, Vice-Chairman of Beijing Education Informatization Expert Committee, and Expert of MOE AI Innovation Panel. He is also President of The Global Chinese Society for Computers in Education, Vice President of International Association of Smart Learning Environments, and Editor-in-Chief of Springer’s Journal of Smart Learning Environment and Journal of Computers in Education. Until now, he has accomplished and is working on over 100 projects, and his ideas have been widely spread, with about 400 academic papers and over 40 books published at home and aboard.
Keynote 3: The Computational Thinking in STEM Education
Monday, October 28th, 10:40 – 11:20 am, Magnolia E, F
Dr. Ray Yueh-Min Huang is a Chair Professor in the Department of Engineering Science, National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan. His research interests include e-Learning, multimedia communications, and artificial intelligence. He received his MS and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Arizona in 1988 and 1991 respectively. He has co-authored 3 books and has published more than 250 refereed journal research papers. Dr. Huang has received many research awards, such as Taiwan’s National Outstanding Research Award in 2011 and 2014, given to Taiwan’s top 100 scholars. According to a paper published in BJET, he is ranked no. 3 in the world in terms of the number of educational technology papers published in the period 2012 to 2017. He has completed over 60 Ph.D. and 250 MS thesis students. He received many funded research grants from National Science Council, Ministry of Education, Industrial Technology of Research Institute, and Institute of Information Industry. Dr. Huang has been invited to give talks or served frequently in the program committee at national and international conferences. Dr. Huang is in the editorial board of several international journals in the area of educational technology, computer communications, and web intelligence, including 3 SSCI-indexed e-Learning ones. In e-Learning area, except publishing more than 100 SSCI-indexed journal papers and editing 3 special issues in SSCI-indexed journals, he was also serving as the directors of Disciplines of Applied Science Education and Innovative Engineering Education in Taiwan’s Ministry of Science and Technology. Dr. is also the founding chair of the International Symposium of Emerging Technologies for Education (SETE) and International Conference of Innovative Technologies and Learning (ICITL). Dr. Huang is a senior member of the IEEE and became Fellow of British Computer Society in 2011.
Keynote 4: Educational Data Mining for Assessing and Improving E-Learning Effectiveness
Monday, October 28th, 11:20 am – 12:00 pm, Magnolia E, F
Dr. Chaoyang Zhang is a tenured professor of computer science in the School of Computing Sciences and Computing Engineering at the University of Southern Mississippi. He was the Director of School of Computing from 2008 to 2014, leading the development and assessment of both undergraduate and graduate programs and ABET accreditation. His research includes data mining, machine learning, deep learning, big data analytics and the disciplinary area of several application domains. Dr. Zhang’s research has been supported by U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, National Institute of Health and National Academy of Science. Dr. Zhang has supervised fourteen Ph.D. students and published nearly one hundred peer-reviewed journal articles and conference papers. He received the Sylvia Sorkin Greenfield Award (awarded by American Association of Physicists in Medicine in 2005). Dr. Zhang has been very active in academic service and leadership. He served on several National Science Foundation panels. He also severed as 2010 ACM-BCB Steering Committee Co-Chair. Dr. Zhang was elected to serve as President of the U.S. Midsouth Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Society (MCBIOS) in 2014-2015 and he received the MCBIOS Academic Service Award in 2018.
Topics for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Educational information strategies, policies, and assessment
- Theories and practices of educational technology integration into the curriculum
- Theories and practices of open and distance education
- Intelligence, mobile, and ubiquitous learning
- Theories and practices for teacher education and development
- Innovations of language teaching in a digital learning environment
- Development and application practice of education platform
- Technology, structure, and standards related to the information system in education
Submission of Papers
To present at EITT 2019, an active SICET membership is required. One of the benefits for an active SICET membership is to join AECT membership at a 50% rate. The cost for SICET/AECT dual membership is lower than the sole AECT regular membership.
A paper should be prepared according to the proceedings template, which can be obtained at IEEE Conferences Templates page.
It must be 4-6 pages in length, including an abstract, references, and tables/figures. Submissions should represent original and substantive research results. We will not accept any paper which, at the time of submission, is under review for or has already been published (or accepted for publication) in another conference or journal. Authors should submit their manuscripts in PDF format to EITT2019 via the EasyChair submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eitt2019). Each paper submitted to EITT2019 will be carefully evaluated based on its originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression.
The proceedings of EITT2019 will collect selected papers through a standard peer-review process. The organizer of the conference will collaborate with Conference Publishing Services (CPS) to publish the EITT2019 proceedings. (CPS website: https://www.computer.org/web/cs-cps/)
- CPS will provide full communication and assistance to authors and organizer throughout publication process;
- All accepted papers (up to six pages in the Proceedings format) of the conference proceedings will be submitted to Xplore and, upon acceptance, submitted for indexing in EI (Compendex).
- Only papers that are presented by an author at the conference will be submitted for inclusion in the above digital libraries.
- Voiding Self-Plagiarism Suspicion. To encourage presentations and participation at AECT-SICET 2019 conference (Oct. 21-24) and EITT 2019 conference (Oct. 27-31), we have scheduled both conferences close to each other. Although you are allowed to present the same study at both conferences, we suggest that, when you do, you make an effort to write them in different angles. This will make it more interesting for your audience who may be at both of your presentations. More importantly, EITT proceedings will only accept papers less than 25% overlapping rate with the published journal articles, conference proceedings, and any other formats of publications.